This family fish pie is a simple yet satisfying mid-week meal.
The ingredient of Fish pie
- 200g boneless white fish fillets
- 200g skinless salmon fillet, pin-boned (ask your fishmonger to do this)
- 450ml milk
- 750g desiree or pontiac potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 100g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons (40g) flour
- 150g frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemons
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
The instruction how to make Fish pie
- Preheat the oven to 170u00b0C.
- Place fish in a baking dish, season with salt and pepper and pour over 400ml milk. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes until fish flakes away slightly when pressed with a fork. Remove fish, reserving milk. When cool enough to handle, flake fish into bite-sized pieces.
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and keep warm. Melt half the butter in a saucepan, stir in flour and cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add reserved milk and continue to cook until thickened. Add fish, peas, parsley, egg, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Mash the potato with the remaining 50ml milk and the remaining butter until smooth, then season. Pile the fish mixture into a 1 litre-capacity baking dish, spoon the mash on top and smooth with a spatula. Trace a pattern into the mash with the tines of a fork and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
Nutritions of Fish piecalories: 677.565 calories
calories: 39 grams fat
calories: 22 grams saturated fat
calories: 39 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12 grams sugar
calories: 40 grams protein
calories: 294 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 210.8 milligrams sodium