This wonderful Malay fish dish creates flavour and excitement with simple cooking and just a few authentic ingredients.
The ingredient of Tamarind fish curry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 50g packet Gulai spice mix (see note 1)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 1 stalk lemongrass, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 400g can coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar (see note 2)
- 600g firm white fish fillets, cut into 3cm cubes
- 300g okra
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
The instruction how to make Tamarind fish curry
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add spice mix, lime leaves, lemongrass and cinnamon. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add coconut cream and palm sugar. Bring to a simmer. Add fish. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add okra and tamarind. Simmer for 2 minutes or until fish is cooked through and okra is tender. Remove and discard lemongrass and cinnamon stick. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Nutritions of Tamarind fish currycalories: 305.92 calories
calories: 22 grams fat
calories: 13 grams saturated fat
calories: 7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 18 grams protein
calories: 54 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 88.21 milligrams sodium