You only need fifteen minutes prep for these flavour-filled Indian spiced chicken drumsticks.
The ingredient of Indian-spiced drumsticks with coconut peanut rice recipe
- 3/4 cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 1/3 cup rogan josh curry paste
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 1.2 kg)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 sprig fresh curry leaves
- 1/3 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups Massel Chicken Style Liquid Stock
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander sprigs
- Sliced long red chilli, to serve
- Curry leaves (optional), to serve
The instruction how to make Indian-spiced drumsticks with coconut peanut rice recipe
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Place yoghurt, paste and garlic in a large bowl. Add chicken. Stir to coat.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based, flameproof roasting pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until light golden. Add ginger, curry leaves and peanuts. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until nuts are golden. Add rice. Stir to coat.
- Add stock and milk to rice mixture. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Place chicken on top. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil. Move chicken to one side. Fluff rice with a fork. Arrange chicken and peas over rice. Bake, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Serve chicken sprinkled with shallots, coriander, chilli and curry leaves (if using).
Nutritions of Indian-spiced drumsticks with coconut peanut rice recipecalories: 1122.822 calories
calories: 61.7 grams fat
calories: 24.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 75.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 58.9 grams protein
calories: 221 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1050 milligrams sodium