Nothing beats a hearty chicken casserole to warm everyone up. Make it irresistible with Leggo’s Rustic Passata.
The ingredient of Chicken, chickpea and chorizo casserole recipe
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 700g jar Leggou2019s Thick & Chunky Rustic Passata
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 8 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup (170g) polenta (cornmeal)
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
- Basil leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken, chickpea and chorizo casserole recipe
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Heat a large flameproof casserole pan over high heat. Add the onion, garlic and chorizo and cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until the onion softens. Add Leggou2019s Passata and chickpeas and bring to the boil. Remove from heat.
- Place chicken in a bowl with oil and toss to coat. Arrange over the passata mixture in the pan. Bake, turning chicken occasionally, for 50 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the polenta and milk in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 10 mins or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan.
- Divide the polenta and chicken mixture among serving bowls. Sprinkle with basil to serve.
Nutritions of Chicken, chickpea and chorizo casserole recipecalories: