This super easy carbonara is a classic meal that will become a new family favourite.
The ingredient of Slow cooker creamy chicken carbonara recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 4 middle bacon rashers, trimmed, chopped
- 2 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 375g dried spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- 3/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Slow cooker creamy chicken carbonara recipe
- Heat oil in flameproof bowl of slow cooker or large, deep frying pan. Add onion, garlic and chicken. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chicken just changes colour. Add bacon. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer bowl to slow cooker. Add stock. Cover. Cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Add spaghetti. Cover. Cook for a further 30 minutes or until just tender and stock is absorbed.
- Whisk eggs, yolk, cream and half of the parmesan together in a jug. Season with salt and pepper. Gradually pour into slow cooker, tossing pasta until well coated. Cook, tossing, for a further 5 minutes or until sauce thickens and is heated through. Add parsley. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Serve with salad leaves.
Nutritions of Slow cooker creamy chicken carbonara recipecalories: 915.37 calories
calories: 38.4 grams fat
calories: 19.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 71.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 67.7 grams protein
calories: 300 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1268 milligrams sodium